Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Need to take the IELTS?

If you opt to study in UK, or work there as a nurse, you need to take the International English Language Testing System. See http://www.ielts.org/candidates/default.aspx for more information, or if you want to register online for IELTS in the Philipines, you can visit the website http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines or, you can go directly to their office at 10F Taipan, Ortigas Centre, Pasig City.

If you plan to take it and does not have enough budget for a paid review, you can visit www.ielts-exam.net. This provides a comprehensive and thorough list of IELTS items - from listening, speaking , writing to reading comprehension. If you'll review each item religiously and put it to heart, you'll surely hit a high IELTS score. I just reviewed in this link in a week, yet the result was good. I've got a band of 7.5 out of 9. Top schools require 7 and to work abroad requires only 6.

So, save that money and have focus on your review. The data in the link that I had given you are almost exactly the same as that in the real IELTS. You can try and its for free. All you just need are ounces of discipline and concentration. For me, having no work at that time and relying on my sister for my IELTS fee, I got pressured to keep focus (since I just resigned from job). I also said to myself, if am not going to pass this exam, all my plans will be of no use. Having no option b or c in case I fail the exam, I said to myself that no matter what, I 'must' pass this test . With the minimal time that my mind functions, there's just a certain part of the day that it easily absorbs information. (For me, its 10pm onwards). It' s useful to know the time when your thinking caps are functioning well. Also, since mama can no longer support me, I must strive harder and push myself a little bit to get what I need. The motivation was there, but the better thing was that, the link had provided me just enough insights about the exam, that it seemed like am just having a review while taking the test.

No comments: