Wednesday, January 23, 2008

foods...foods...foods!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, am inspired by Massi, an Itallian connoisseur of good food. Am planning to enroll in a cooking school and be a professional and distinguished chef someday. Goodbye law(my former ambition), i've now found my real passion - cooking.

Cooking, just like any other activity, takes concentration, equal amount of things (i.e. ingredients, right timing, series of procedures, a little of common sense and resourcefulness (when some ingredients are lacking) and a tongue that knows what's just right.

On my mother's 40th day, I was assigned to cook. I prepared rellenong hipon, atchara, embutido, chop suey and pancit molo. I followed the procedures in the Filipino recipe book of Ms. Nora Daza. The finished dishes were nice. The honest guests reacted with hmmmm while eating the menus I prepared.

However, rellenong hipon was my masterpiece. I bought half a kilo of shrimp, spring onion, eggs, flour, and mushroom. We already have in the house onion, garlic, and untosinsal (bacon). These are the procedures: remove the shells of the shrimp,but leave the tail intact; combine (for toppings) mushroom (cut into pieces) spring onion, flour, egg, garlic and onion together. Wrapped 3 pieces of shrimp with untosinsal(leaving the tail unwrapped), fill it with the toppings, had it rolled in flour and fry it. The presentation was nice and very tempting.

Cooking is one of the basic essentials in life. Knowing how to cook and cooking nutritious and sumptous meal gives a different kind of satisfaction to the sense of taste, good health to the body and contributes to a lively aura that will surely boost your confidence.

No comments: